Sunday, February 24, 2013

Don't Take If For Granted


Somehow the post Nebraska game blog got missed. And then MSU lost the next game. I’d like to apologize to all our fellow fans. I am now scrambling to put up a last minute blog before MSU takes on OSU today at 4:00 in order to prevent such a tragedy from occurring down in the lovely state of Ohio. 

I’d like to confess something. I have become a bit cocky this season. Understandably so, as MSU has risen far beyond its expectations as a “rebuilding” team, to becomes ranked #4 in the nation and 22-5. I have become too comfortable with going into halftime unconcerned with the score because I KNOW my team will scrape by for a victory in the second half. After watching the team struggle, come back, and then ultimately lose against Indiana, I questioned if I was the only one that was taking the “second half magic” for granted. Too many things may be being taken for granted. 

So, as the team attempts to reevaluate what needs to be done to remain at/near the top of the Big Ten and the NCAA rankings (which let’s be honest, seems less important this year than the fight for the Big Ten), I am going to step back and stop taking the privilege of cheering for a program that so rarely disappoints for granted. A program that appears to be guaranteed a spot in the NCAA tournament year after year. A program who’s coach is loved by friends and foes across the nation. A program that continually surpasses expectations. A program that saves it’s best basketball for March:) It’s good to be a fan of MSU Basketball.

Oops, there I am getting cocky again. I guess there are worst things in life. 

Enjoy it. Enjoy the program. Enjoy the season. Enjoy the team’s moments to shine. Senior night is approaching. March madness is just down the road. Don’t take it for granted.

And don’t take our amazing group of Freshmen players for granted....but that’s another blog because it’s time for tip off!!

Go Green!!!

And shout out to Trice for returning to the game! Now someone get the kid a helmet because we all know he’s not going to play any less tough! Trice and Harris have to be some of the toughest Spartans to have taken the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment